Thursday, July 24, 2008

So it's been pouring all day here, and Nick is at work, and Jillian and I have been doing absolutely nothing all day, and I am loving it. We've spent most of the day so far playing Pac Man, reading books, and watching tv. I think we both needed it. Just relaxing.

I asked Jillian the other day if she was having fun this summer, and she said "Yes!". and then a few minutes later. . . . . "Maybe too much fun."

Sometimes I need to be reminded that's it's okay once in a while to just sit back and relax. Not every day needs to be full of new and exciting adventures. I think that spending a year not being able to walk, and even worse, not being able to bring my daughter anywhere fun, has left me feeling guilty whenever I don't have something amazing planned. If we just sit around I feel like we are wasting time or something, but I need to remember that once in a while "just sitting around" is okay.

We had a busy schedule even before I got arthritis and was homebound for that year, because we both just naturally like to be out and about, doing things around other people, but I think for now it's time to slow down and just relax and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Yesterday we went to the CT College arboretum for a guided pond walk and picnic lunch afterwards. My mom came with us and it was a really nice time. Here are a few pics:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Audra said...

Awww, that was so sweet. It made me cry. You're such a good mom!